You won't believe how easy this Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon is! The rub is absolute perfection for a piece of salmon. It's ready in less than two hours with just five simple ingredients and your smoker! This dish goes great with a bottle of Casa Cassara Grenache!
- 2 pounds fresh salmon
For the smoked salmon rub:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dill weed, dried
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Heat smoker to 250 - 275 degrees F.
- Combine salt, pepper, dill and brown sugar to form the rub. Pat gently onto top of salmon. If time allows, place salmon in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Smoke salmon on smoker for one hour until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F.
- I prefer to use pecan, oak, or cherry wood with salmon. You will want to choose wood with subtle flavor.
- We use dill weed, not dill seed. Dill seed will likely be too overpowering of a flavor.
Now enjoy this dish with a bottle or two of Casa Cassara Grenache! It is wonderful!