Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 1/2 cup Casa Cassara Chocolate Cherry balsamic vinegar
- 12 slices Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound strawberries, washed and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat vinegar in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Simmer until reduced by about half, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare a grill for high heat. Place bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Combine strawberries and thyme in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grill bread on the preheated grill until browned, about 3—4 minutes per side.
- Spread goat cheese on toasted bread. Add black pepper, salt, and reduced vinegar to the strawberry mixture. Spoon over the goat cheese topped bruschetta. Garnish with additional thyme.
Serve with your favorite Casa Cassara wine or their soon to be released Rose Sparking Wine!
Recipes by Phil adapted from various recipes from the web to his liking